Discuss How can I cut/drill a piece off a ceramic toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starkraving

Hi

I cannot fit my toilet flush to the wall because part of it is blocked by the waste pipe in the floor. If I can cut away a couple of inches from the base of the pan at the rear then I can fit it flush to the wall. My plumber says he has never done this, but can anyone tell me if it's possible, for instance by drilling or by some other clever trick of the trade?

The area to be cut would be out of sight once the pan has been fitted.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldn't do anything really to the wc you are very likely going ot break it but if you really had to i would use and angle grinder!! sounds like you need to set up the waste correctly!!

The waste pipe comes vertically out of the floor. It cannot be moved.

I have one of those toilets that hides the pipes and fits flush to the wall, however it cannot be pushed all the way back to the wall because the pipe into the ground is in the way. My plumber has tried cutting a bit of the plastic away from the pipe but it's not enough.

The pipe in the floor is not new. I'm replacing an existing toilet.

Thanks

if the toilet breaks will you buy another or blame the plumber, if its not fitting back to the wall then i would try to sort the waste out first. if this cannot be moved or sorted out then change the toilet for one suited to your waste. not all back to the wall toilets are suitable for waste pipes coming up from the floor

I've cut bits of off a pan using a 4" grinder with a diamond blade, was ok, but be prepared to replace the pan if it goes horribly wrong.

Hi As most plumbers will witness the edge you create on sanitary ware once cut is as sharp as any razor. Difficult to visualise what you are cutting of but it could well be a hazard when cleaning or indeed changing it next time. My advise would be chop the floor up and alter the soil pipe arrangement, or as already mentioned stud the wall off. (Plumbing is never easy) Good Luck.

We provide diamond drills for this purpose.

A lot of our product is used for example on ceramic sinks, armatage shanks, and all sorts of appliances where you need to drill out areas to widen them.

In fact a lot of suppliers of bathroom furniture leave it to the customer to drill the hole.

In this instance we can provide you with a diamond drill to open out the loo pan. And we guarantee the work.

Richard

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/man.jpg

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/3yell.jpg

http://www.*********.com/jpgs/kit2.jpg

Website. [DLMURL="http://www.*********.com"]Drilling hard porcelain wall tiles with 365 drills diamond holesaws granite cutting marble floors[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
have you looked at the possibilty of boxing the gap then maybe just painting or tiling it.you would never know there was a gap there

Thanks everyone. I may box the gap in, but I'm going to try out a porcelain drill bit on some old sanitaryware first. If it seems to work then I'll give it a go on the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How can I cut/drill a piece off a ceramic toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello all, I'm trying to install a new toilet. The old cast soil pipe has been cut 'flush' to the inside and outside wall. On the inside, I will...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It’s time to buy a new toilet and I need to ensure that the one i buy will meet up correctly with the soil pipe outlet (sunk in floor), such that...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post (be gentle!) I joined looking for advice and hope someone can help! I’m looking to get a wall hung toilet but have a couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, let me just start by saying I am looking for some advice on doing my first 'big' DIY project of turning a small bedroom into a bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock