Discuss Getting gas safe registered after doing ACS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I did my ACS exmas in June but the fees had to be paid before hand and the registration fee was included (I think it was £90 fee for the Gas Safe register) the rest is for the exams etc.

Once you pass you hand over your photo etc and the guys who did the exams etc do the rest and send them off to the Gas Safe register who then send you back the card and enter your details online if accepted.

That is how I think it goes, not sure it is different for others but that is what happened with me and only 2 months ago.

How much did you pay for the ACS exams? Did not have a breakdown as only going from memory but sure it had the registration fee seperate but it HAD to be paid upfront with the exam fees.

if i'm reading your post correctly you wont like my answer!! i think what you have paid for is a certification fee on top of your training/assessment, you have NOT paid for your gas safe registration, its not the way it is done, to answer your post and the OP's, you pay a college, you get trained and assessed, you also pay an "internal" certification fee to get your paperwork processed by the certification body, when you pass the certification body sends an electronic download to Gas Safe, who for want of a better phrase put you in a "holding tank" as a person who has passed the criteria but is not yet registered to do work, soon after this you will receive your certificate from the certification body, this is the dangerous group to be in as you have a cert but are not registered to work on gas, only after you pay your £420 (for the 1st year, thereafter about £200 per year) and fill out the application form, which is cross referenced with the download from the certification body, and get visited by the inspector will your "company" get added to the register allowing you to do gas work as a 3 month probationer subject to subsequent visits ensuring your work is ok, a lot of people think when they leave the college after their exam that they can do gas work which isn't the case.
the reason the college dont include your gas safe register money is 2 fold, 1 they cant apply on your behalf and 2 depending on your route the fee will be £420 to get a new company on the register or if you are joining an existing firm as an employee the fee is £63. hope this helps

I passed my ACS in July, within about 2 weeks I got a letter from BPEC with my qualifications on, then my dad added me as an engineer to his company for 40 quid and I was instantly listed on the Gas Safe website with my picture and the work I am qualified to do as BPEC pass your details and picture on to Gas Safe for you. Within a further 2 weeks I had my Gas Safe card.

gas safe asked for my photo and a copy of all quals, they just use last years photo from then on, it may look silly in 20 years though!!!lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting gas safe registered after doing ACS in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I passed my domestic gas assements before Xmas ( CCN1, CPA, CENWATand got my certificate from Bpec today telling me I’m now on the gas safe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I'm after some help with something that maybe fairly obvious. Boring stuff to do with the gas safety register website. I have a client who...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the process of refurbishing a storey semi-detached house in London, UK. This is a complete refurb, including new pipes chased...
Replies
Views
Is this check just to turn on the hot water tap in the bathroom, keep the water running for a few minutes in order to see that the boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new here. I am an lpg engineer. I originally did my acs around 6 years ago. I have recently registered myself with gas safe as I no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock