Search the forum,

Discuss Gas safe registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Hi I am new here.

I am an lpg engineer. I originally did my acs around 6 years ago. I have recently registered myself with gas safe as I no longer work as an employee for the company I originally qualified with.

I am now also an employee of another company as I carry out other engineering work besides gas.

The company in question was not a gas safe registered company when I started working for them. Recently however I was presented with a gas safe card with my name and picture on and their company name.

They had basically used me to register themselves with no prior conversation or even asking my permission.

What are my rights here?

Have they committed fraud by using my details for their gain behind my back?

They effectively want to be able to dictate what rate they will pay for gas work and landlords certificates.

Best to ring gas safe and ask directly

Ring Gas Safe and tell them that they have fraudulently stolen your details

They haven't used YOUR details to register THEM. They will be registered in their own name and you as an operative. As you have proven your competence via ACS they can register you for your categories.

When you left your company, did you immediately resit your ACS or did you register on the existing 5 years ?

When I became employed the council had the benefit of my 3 years left which I had paid for. They are due again next year but they will pay.

You need to establish that they will pay for renewals or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe registration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock