Search the forum,

Discuss Fortic combined HW cylinder/cold tank + pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian Headford

Hi, We have a Fortic 115 litre HW + 40 Litre cold combined cylinder/tank which is mounted on the loft floor. There is an additional plastic cold water tank, again on the loft floor, which feeds the bathroom bath & basin. We want to install a thermostatic mixer shower and 1.5 bar pump, but I am concerned that the 40 litre cold feed will run out when the shower is used .Could we increase the tank capacity by linking a 68 litre plastic tank to the Fortic header tank? alternatively could we disconnect the Fortic header tank and install a separate 100 litre tank, perhaps a coffin style? Also how could we mitigate the potential issue of air bubbles entering the pump? Many thanks, Ian

If your going to all that trouble, why not change the cylinder for a normal one with a coffin tank above, it might be easier and cheaper in the long run

you cant use the fortic with another tqank as its built in one piece and foamed so theres nowhere to conect to the feed and exspansion its a new cylinder and a new tankb

u cant seperate the fortic header tank from the cylinder its all 1 unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fortic combined HW cylinder/cold tank + pumped shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single one-bedroom flat. The mains pipe bringing water into my top-floor flat is 15mm copper pipe. There is a water meter in the flat and a stop valve. There is...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock