Discuss external soil pipe breather problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S600PJF

hi
newbie here.
i am not a plumber but am seeking some advice, my soil pipe breather pipe outlet at roof height and mounted outside is showing some strange signs.
there is a blue streak showing running from top to bottom, the paint is also peeling particularly around the top 6 inches or so.
we have not noticed any strange smells but is it possible for sewer gas to back feed and come out and condense and then run down the outside.
i have checked my drain near the road and the rodding bung is removed this giving access to the sewer and bypassing the water u trap.
i took this out several years ago as the outlook blocks occasionally and the rodding eye gives an overflow relief if this happens.
can i have some opinions please ?
regards
pete

no to streaking, probably from your paint, best to put your rodding eye back, its there to keep rats etc out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for info ref rats.
i see no answer to what this sudden appearance of the bright blue line running down the pipe and the paint peeling off , any one out there seen this before ~?
the outlet to the atmoshere is about 50 feet from the road.
the soil pipe runs into a drain coming from the down stairs toilet.
regards
pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to external soil pipe breather problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I've been chasing the smell under our stairs/cellar for so long and have had many things fixed one by one, the smell still remains, next...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
D
Hi All, I am currently undergoing some renovations at my place. My builder is installing an ensuite to the rear of our building where the kitchen...
Replies
Views
J
Sorry I know this has been covered a lot of time but I can't seem to find an answer to this one. The new bathroom was installed by a trained...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
K
hi, im new to forum and need some advice. i am putting in an ensuite in a bungalow i want to put the toilet on the outside wall with the pipe...
Replies
Views
killbill
K
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock