Discuss Drainage Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyturner

Have sink, washing machine & dishwasher all connected to the same wastage pipe. Recently been having problems with washing machine when it empties, the pipe fills up and overflows before it can filter away. Yesterday I took apart pipes that I physically could to check for bloackages. The main piece of piping which I couldn't remove had quite a few blockages but I could only loosen them up until a bend, which is beyond reach without ripping out a section of wall. When I run the taps in the sink, 95% of the water would go back towards the washing machine which is why it obviously overflows with the sitting water. Obviously worse case scenario would be having to call out a plumber, but is there something I could hire to feed down the pipes which would navigate the bends up until it reaches a sewer point?

Just to give you a faint idea, from left to right....

...washing machine with pipe end with washing machine waste pipe inserted, approx 12" drop to U-Bend before reaching a straight pipe which runs length of room before bend which I cannot navigate.

Dishwasher with wastage pipe fitting onto a T-joint on the long pipe

Sink with U-bend joining onto pipe at point which splits left and right. Right is exit but it always goes left.

As stated, there is loads of build up in this pipe which needs clearing, but how do i go about this?

Cheers in advance

You could run a drain jetter down the blocked section or use a sink blaster , this worked for me last week, have you checked outside to see any blockages where it exits?

Thanks for your reply.

With regards to Jetter (I am a novice!) where can I get hold of one of these? And where would I run it from?

Hi,

Sink blaster wouldn't be appropriate in this situation, unless you want to create a mess!
Sounds like the blockage is on the sink outlet and this is obviously causing the waste pipe system to back up.
You need a drain snake which will work down towards the blockage and will allow you to break the blockage up once you reach it
Diy shops do these but they are very lightweight, but worth a try if you don't want to buy a decent expensive drain snake.

[DLMURL="http://www.NoLinkingToThis/search.do;jsessionid=OBDMLSQW1S5EUCSTHZOCFGA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=drain+unblocker&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submit"]Drain Unblocker - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys[/DLMURL]

Rothenberger Rospi 8 Manual Drain Cleaner - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

You need to remove the sink trap and feed the cable into the pipe until you reach the blockage
Does this waste pipe run into an external gully? or does it run into a soil pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drainage Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My dish washer and washing machine are installed next to one another per the attached picture. After using the washing machine waste water per the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
P
Hi I wondered if it is possible to have pipework from a dishwasher running behind a built in, under counter, electric oven? I want the order of...
Replies
Views
Morning All, Just after some advice as I have been asked to plumb in a sink and washing machine waste for a new kitchenette. The other side of the...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
Back