Search the forum,

Discuss Drainage Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyturner

Have sink, washing machine & dishwasher all connected to the same wastage pipe. Recently been having problems with washing machine when it empties, the pipe fills up and overflows before it can filter away. Yesterday I took apart pipes that I physically could to check for bloackages. The main piece of piping which I couldn't remove had quite a few blockages but I could only loosen them up until a bend, which is beyond reach without ripping out a section of wall. When I run the taps in the sink, 95% of the water would go back towards the washing machine which is why it obviously overflows with the sitting water. Obviously worse case scenario would be having to call out a plumber, but is there something I could hire to feed down the pipes which would navigate the bends up until it reaches a sewer point?

Just to give you a faint idea, from left to right....

...washing machine with pipe end with washing machine waste pipe inserted, approx 12" drop to U-Bend before reaching a straight pipe which runs length of room before bend which I cannot navigate.

Dishwasher with wastage pipe fitting onto a T-joint on the long pipe

Sink with U-bend joining onto pipe at point which splits left and right. Right is exit but it always goes left.

As stated, there is loads of build up in this pipe which needs clearing, but how do i go about this?

Cheers in advance

You could run a drain jetter down the blocked section or use a sink blaster , this worked for me last week, have you checked outside to see any blockages where it exits?

Thanks for your reply.

With regards to Jetter (I am a novice!) where can I get hold of one of these? And where would I run it from?

Hi,

Sink blaster wouldn't be appropriate in this situation, unless you want to create a mess!
Sounds like the blockage is on the sink outlet and this is obviously causing the waste pipe system to back up.
You need a drain snake which will work down towards the blockage and will allow you to break the blockage up once you reach it
Diy shops do these but they are very lightweight, but worth a try if you don't want to buy a decent expensive drain snake.

[DLMURL="http://www.NoLinkingToThis/search.do;jsessionid=OBDMLSQW1S5EUCSTHZOCFGA?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=drain+unblocker&searchbutton.x=0&searchbutton.y=0&searchbutton=submit"]Drain Unblocker - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys[/DLMURL]

Rothenberger Rospi 8 Manual Drain Cleaner - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

You need to remove the sink trap and feed the cable into the pipe until you reach the blockage
Does this waste pipe run into an external gully? or does it run into a soil pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drainage Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock