Discuss Combi boiler size advise please..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua1711

Hi,

I am looking to replace a 13yr old Potterton Puma 80 Combi boiler (house original) with a new condensing type.

My semi has 2 bathrooms but both showers are electric.

There are 8 radiators but as I have decorated each room I have replaced each single rad with a double (or chrome towel rail in bathrooms).

My question is - What output boiler will I require?

I have been looking at the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi and the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 but not sure if these are over-spec as I don't need the boiler for the showers.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Regards

both boilers would do the job stick with 30 kw min,i personnally would go with worcester combi,your engineer can range rate down if nessary,but also give you scope to range rate up if you add further rads in future

Hi,

I am looking to replace a 13yr old Potterton Puma 80 Combi boiler (house original) with a new condensing type.

My semi has 2 bathrooms but both showers are electric.

There are 8 radiators but as I have decorated each room I have replaced each single rad with a double (or chrome towel rail in bathrooms).

My question is - What output boiler will I require?

I have been looking at the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi and the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 but not sure if these are over-spec as I don't need the boiler for the showers.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Regards
look at rehema advanta cheaper and very good same heat exchanger as a vaillant im told

Agree with Steve.
Go for the Remeha.Good boiler with a good warranty.
The heat exchanger is the same- a gianonni.

Graham

Why go for a 30KW when all it is to supply the Heating,:confused: how many rads?. As mentioned the showers are both electric????? only the kitchen sink and hot water draw off at the hand wash basins!
I thought the size of boiler depends on the DHW flow rate needed?:)

if you have two bathrooms its normal to use a larger combi to get water at both assuming your main is up to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler size advise please..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock