Discuss cold/hot problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuartj

Hello
Could anyone please shed light on how in a domestic property with a new unvented cylinder fitted with no pipe crossovers would occasionally run hot water from the cold taps, I know i could fit a non return valve on the cold feed but i was just wondering why this would happen.

Would be grateful of any help

Stuart

Its quite comman, hot & cold pipes are run together so the heat from the hot pipe heats up the cold .

Its worse in summer when all you want is a drink of cold water and you have to run the tap for a while before cold comes out.

Hmm! In Plumbing you are supposed to always run the hot pipe over the the top of the cold. That way the heat given off by the hot pipe doesn't warm the cold water or help make the cold pipe drip with condensation.

you may have mono taps and h &c are crossing over within the tap body.
put nrv on tap tails to mono tap and see if that solves it.

Hello
Thank you for the replies, But what was actually happening was that the water coming from the cold was the same as the hot , I spoke to a plumber and he had only come across this once in a larger system and could not explain why it had happened.

The hot and cold are run from an external boiler house through a quad ecoflex along with a heat pump flow and return and the insulation does not permit heat transfer between the pipes.

It's a bit of a head scratcher

Stuart

Hello
Thank you for the replies, But what was actually happening was that the water coming from the cold was the same as the hot , I spoke to a plumber and he had only come across this once in a larger system and could not explain why it had happened.

The hot and cold are run from an external boiler house through a quad ecoflex along with a heat pump flow and return and the insulation does not permit heat transfer between the pipes.

It's a bit of a head scratcher

Stuart
stop scratching and see redsaws reply

Hello
There are no mono block taps on the job,What it is that one boy has done the internal domestic plumbing and i have done the heating system and the cylinder and he has just hooked up to my hot/cold supply tails from my ecoflex which are linked from the boiler hse to a internal location and he assures me that his domestic arrangement has been fully checked,He reckons the hot is somehow being pulled down the cold of the ecoflex

Cheers
Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold/hot problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock