Discuss Britony Combi SE 80 problem..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian Billingham

Hello people..
Im in need of some serious help.... Have had several plumbers round to look at my heating issue and they just don't come back!!! :mad:
Basically, my heating doesn't work, but i have hot water.... The last guy who came out did a series of tests and we managed to get the radiators hot by bridging or by-passing the "central heating control thermistor" and he also played around with the "central heating water pressure switch" which he seemed to think was working ok as it moved and acted as it should. Im in DESPERATE need to get my hands on a "central heating control thermistor" and ill even have a go at fitting it myself in the hope of actually having some heating this christmas!!! Can anyone help me out with a location of this part, or anything would be good actually! lol.

Kind regards for the link... Was kinda hoping of getting it sorted today but i live near gatwick airport so preston is a little too far to travel! lol. Would there be anyway of setting up a temp switch on it so i could control it manually just for the weekend?

not really if you order that today you will arrive monday,failing that try a local hrpc

Kind regards for the link... Was kinda hoping of getting it sorted today but i live near gatwick airport so preston is a little too far to travel! lol. Would there be anyway of setting up a temp switch on it so i could control it manually just for the weekend?

Try here Parts Center
UNIT 2 OAKWOOD ESTATE
GATWICK RD
CRAWLEY
WEST SUSSEX
RH10 9AZ

Ordered the part from part center so many thanks for the advice! Will be here on tuesday! Then its just to get it fitted which i may come back on here for techincal advice!

i am wondering now if you could swap the wires over to test that the thermistor is the problem

How do you mean? When it was testing about 2 weeks ago from the last guy who came out to have a look, when the connector was taken off the central heating control thermistor, the heating kicked into life. I dont want to disconnect it for it to cause more problems down the line but if there was a way to switch it on and off for periods at a time so i could at least get the house warm, it would be good! For the record, i have absolutely no experience with boilers/central heating at all!!

hi Ian I would not recommend you working on your combination boiler if you have no experience whatsoever as they can be deadly. I am not convinced the part you ordered will sort the problem out as sometimes it is best to change them in pairs, Personally I would get BRITISH GAS or other providers out for a fixed price and it is problem sorted

What area are you in ? somebody on here may be able to come and have a look? Cheaper than BG:)

BG will be cheaper if there is a more serious issue like a new pump or iffy pcb , oh plus your thermistors for £20 or £40

Im located in Crawley, about 10 mins away from gatwick airport. I dont mind having a go, but am well aware that it could go horribly wrong! lol. If anyone on here is local and wants to come and have look, brilliant!! I havent paid for the part but it has been ordered. When you say pairs.... Do you also mean central heating water pressure switch as well? The only reason i know this is cos i helped the guy out that came round last. He showed me that it was still working correctly by the little plunger that moved when you turn the hot tap on. Hopefully it will cure the issue!!

that is for your hot water which is working correctly when you put a demand on for heating is your pump running ?

Nothing happens at all when the heating is required. I dont want to mis-read your question by answering it wrong because we tried so many ways to get it working! All i can tell you is what i have said before really... The heating worked when the central control thermistor was disconnected.. Sorry i cant really give you anymore info...

The last thing he said was he will change that, it should fix the issue and that he would source one down. That was 3 weeks ago. Tried ringing him and txting, nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony Combi SE 80 problem..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock