Discuss Blanking holes in basins and toilet pedestals. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DGH

I'm just upgrading some basins and toilets.
The basin upgrade involves replacing the plug-on-chain waste with flip wastes, leaving a hole about 8mm diameter where the chain was originally held to the basin.
Similar question applies to some holes in toilet pedestals, but here the hole is about 30mm diameter.
Does anyone know if and where suitably sized ceramic (white) or chrome covers are available to blank off these holes to tidy things up?

try tool station or screw fix

Thanks Gas Man. A good starting point. Having found out that they are often called tap plugs or even cistern plugs, a few Googles produced a number of options.

I think a solution will be possible.

I just bought and fitted a sprung waste (click-clack type), and there was a blanking piece for the plug chain hole included in the box. Perhaps you could get a waste that already has this included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blanking holes in basins and toilet pedestals. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi, I hope you guys can see the picture? To explain; this photo has been taken through a hole cut into my garage ceiling exposing the outlet from...
Replies
Views
Here they are! Totally refreshed for this year. We have given a makeover to all of the BOXSET range. All options are now presented in smart...
Replies
Views
365drills
I have a toilet in the shed. I was trying to replace the inlet valve but now am thinking of repalcing the entire toielt as it is old and manky...
Replies
Views
JCSPLUMBING
J
Hi I'm working on a bathroom with some unusual stuff. They picked up an old basin, belfast ceramic style, small about half the size of a...
Replies
Views
L
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I am not a plumber by any stretch of the imagination, but I try my best at DIY. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock