Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi boiler cycling continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StuartDavis

Hi
I have a Baxi condendsing boiler (5 years old) - recently I had to get the sundial Y-valve next to the hot water tank replaced as it had failed (and fused in the timing control panel).
At some point, my plumber must have changed the settings on the Baxi boiler, as now it cycles and heats HW even when outside of the pre-set programme times, and also even when HW and CH are switched to OFF on the control panel. Even turning the boiler switch off does not prevent it heating up water. I've heard that there is a way of overriding this, similar to factory-preset I guess, so that it will only switch on at the times I request.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

Hi, sorry not sure (at work right now).
It's fairly new and well maintained, just after the Y-valve was replaced it's gone into this mode of cycling (seems to want to keep the hot water heated up) - someone said it's more efficient than heating a cool/cold tank from scratch each time the pre-set timer comes into play ?
I turned it all off at the main plug last night, and left it for 5 mins. This morning the room sems less hot as though it's returned to just coming on at timer hours.
Any other ideas in the meantime would be appreciated again.

sounds like he may have wired the 3 port wrong in the wiring centre , poss putting permanent live to hw , i would ask him back to check the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi boiler cycling continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank upstairs in the house. We have an issue where if the boiler isn’t set to 80c then the boiler will short cycle, the hot water tank thermostat is set at...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s also found that when the hot water is set to off on the programe timer, the boiler is still heating up water. I wonder if this is because the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock