Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi boiler cycling continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StuartDavis

Hi
I have a Baxi condendsing boiler (5 years old) - recently I had to get the sundial Y-valve next to the hot water tank replaced as it had failed (and fused in the timing control panel).
At some point, my plumber must have changed the settings on the Baxi boiler, as now it cycles and heats HW even when outside of the pre-set programme times, and also even when HW and CH are switched to OFF on the control panel. Even turning the boiler switch off does not prevent it heating up water. I've heard that there is a way of overriding this, similar to factory-preset I guess, so that it will only switch on at the times I request.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

Hi, sorry not sure (at work right now).
It's fairly new and well maintained, just after the Y-valve was replaced it's gone into this mode of cycling (seems to want to keep the hot water heated up) - someone said it's more efficient than heating a cool/cold tank from scratch each time the pre-set timer comes into play ?
I turned it all off at the main plug last night, and left it for 5 mins. This morning the room sems less hot as though it's returned to just coming on at timer hours.
Any other ideas in the meantime would be appreciated again.

sounds like he may have wired the 3 port wrong in the wiring centre , poss putting permanent live to hw , i would ask him back to check the connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi boiler cycling continuously in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock