Discuss 40mm Copper pipe and fittings: Buy from where? Or any scraps for sale? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Ribbands

I’d like to replace a 40mm plastic sink wastepipe which runs through an external south-facing wall, then visibly along the wall and into a gully.

It’s hideous, and lasted only 20 years before UV degraded it and the pipe fell to pieces.

I’d like to replace this with ‘Old Skool’ copper. Is 40mm copper pipe and an end-feed 40mm copper elbow available anywhere? It needs to be 40mm to mate with a new plastic compression trap under the sink.

I can’t find these items on the web or at plumbers’ merchants. I only need a couple of metres and a single elbow. Does anyone have any left-overs to sell me? Pre-corroded old pipe would look better in my period home anyway!

Cheers, Mark.

p.s I know you're not supposed to run into open gullies any more, but this is Norfolk and we do things the old way here. Plus this is my house so I'm in charge! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have just done a length of copper waste ours was bigger but we joined onto another section of plastic with a flexible coupling and ran the viible part in copper. You will probably use 42mm copper for your outside bit and connect onto your 40mm plastic waste inside with a flexible coupling

dont know if you get william wilsons in england but thats where my old company went to for larger pipework and fittings, word of warning though it isnt cheap lol i would just replace it with plastic again or cast iron you'd be cheaper doing it in cast than copper

Thanks for the advice - the problem was that I was looking for 40mm, not 42mm!
Just ordered from here:
www.tradingdepot.co.uk
£37.39 for 3m of pipe and £3.76 for the elbow, plus VAT.
Not so bad since I only want one piece, I only have to do it once, it looks better, and it will now see me out :)
Cheers
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 40mm Copper pipe and fittings: Buy from where? Or any scraps for sale? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
I am building an extension and need to connect a 40mm waste outlet from the bath into a new foul water system. I spoke to building control and...
Replies
Views
Bit of a tricky one. The stop tap in pavement is very old and does nothing. Water co says 10 months to come out and replace!!! The stop tap inside...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
B
Hi All, I would really appreciate some help/advise with aboiler problem I am having. I have a valiant eco tec combi boiler and have noticed...
Replies
Views
brooklyn07
B
T
Sorry about the length of the question! Hi, I am a newbie to the forum and plumbing and really hope this isn't a stupid question or in the...
Replies
Views
B
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but really after some advice with regards to the following We recently smelt gas in our boiler cupboard...
Replies
Views
T

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock