Search the forum,

Discuss Which Budget Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kozmian

Hello,

Looking for some good advice on budget boilers. From what I gather (from reading this forum and word of mouth) Vaillant and Worcester Bosch seem to have a very good reputation but I'm hoping to spend quite a bit less than £1200 just for the boiler.

I'm after a combi with about 12 litres a minute DHW output and it seems that if it can do this the heating output will be fine for my needs - about 100sqm well insulated (current standards) Chapel Conversion.

I've narrowed my seach down to 3 now that i have been well and truely put of Ferroli!:

1- Glow Worm Flexicom 30cx
2-Baxi Duo-tec 28HE
3-Potterton Promax 28HE

I'm leaning towards the Baxi because of the 2 year parts and labour warranty but would love some advice on which is best or what others i should be looking at.

Thanks for your help

Hello,

Looking for some good advice on budget boilers. From what I gather (from reading this forum and word of mouth) Vaillant and Worcester Bosch seem to have a very good reputation but I'm hoping to spend quite a bit less than £1200 just for the boiler.

I'm after a combi with about 12 litres a minute DHW output and it seems that if it can do this the heating output will be fine for my needs - about 100sqm well insulated (current standards) Chapel Conversion.

I've narrowed my seach down to 3 now that i have been well and truely put of Ferroli!:

1- Glow Worm Flexicom 30cx
2-Baxi Duo-tec 28HE
3-Potterton Promax 28HE

I'm leaning towards the Baxi because of the 2 year parts and labour warranty but would love some advice on which is best or what others i should be looking at.

Thanks for your help
Always buy the best boiler that you can afford, buy it cheap, buy it twice.

anyway out of your choice, I dont know alot about the glow worm, somone may correct me but boilers 1 and 2 are the same boiler but with a different badge on, consider a Main 28he which is also the same boiler as 1 and 2 but even cheaper.
The 2 Mains 2 duotechs and 1 platinuim that Ive put in have been good as gold the platinums been in nearly 5yrs and has never let the customer down. Viessmann boilers are my personal preferance atm.
Have a look also at an Ideal logic every body seems to be chuming them analy atm.

i like the remeha avantas, 5 year warranty and have worked well for me with no call backs to date (touch wood)

I'd like to second the Avanta range. They seem well put together and I particularly like the nice (and fairly cheap) interface lead for serial diagnostics and monitoring.

and a third vote for the avanta. as said above buying cheap is an expensive option
good luck

Vaillant Ecotech pro 28 or Viessmann Vitodens 100W 30KW either are excellent boilers and will come with 5 year warranty if fitted by an approved installer.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

Not heard of remeha before but had a quick look and seem well specced - stainless heat exchanger isn't something you find on most of the cheaper boilers.

Can't find many places that sell them though - any ideas?

Thanks

hi mate fit a potterton promax there the same as the duo tec for all intense an purpose, i fit quite a few over the year and ive had no problems with them at all parts are readily available the thing is fitting boilers that no 1 stocks means if it does brake down you may get stuck for getting parts in he near future !

Got admit I do like some of the boilers mentioned.

But its readily available spares that seem to count. At one time BG said they would not fit or service foreign made boilers only Brit made because of the ease of getting spares

So I would check the spares situation.

Glow Worm once had a great reputation for boilers, but then so did Potterton and many other British companies. I suppose, being in the EU, spares should be just as easy to get for any EU made boiler.

Ok, so now i am fairly confused. I think Rehema is out of it as so few places seem to sell them so that leaves potterton/baxi and glow worm - anyone like to throw anything else into the mix to confuse me further :confused:

Just wondering as you say Remeha hard to get,they also do a eco range which are budget side

But agree if not common locally maybe best not to use

For a budget boiler would go for potterton mains combi and then if remeha not available maybe a Worcester maybe if common in area

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that puddle.

The only thing putting me off the Potterton was that I was hoping to get something with more than a 1 year warranty - basically I will be looking to sell the Chapel after around a year of living in it and would like to be able to say that the boiler is still under guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Budget Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock