Discuss where is the problem - pls help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

ja5599

Hello,
Having trouble getting my shower to be cold. Think it might be the thermostatic mixer, but am not sure.

When I turn my newly installed combi boiler off, and turn the shower to cold, there is plenty of cold water available.

When I turn the boiler on, and turn the mixer to cold, there is nothing but a trickle. (Turning to hot increases the flow, but it is then too hot).

Can anyone help diagnose?

Thanks,
J

Your shower needs adjustment following the installation of your new boiler. Get the boiler installer back as they should have checked the temp of the shower uopn installation. You can do it yourself and I can tell you but don't know what make of shower you have.
Steve

Thanks Steve.

The problem did coincide with the new boiler. I have had the installer back already who said (without getting a tool out) it was the mixer. Am not convinced.

I have had the mixer out and descaled it as best I can but it looked fine and my cleaning made no difference. Difficult to see the type of shower - think it may be a Grohe but not 100%. I have attached a picture of the mixer.

I would appreciate any guidance on what i need to do.

Thanks again,
J

Attachments

• DSC04687.JPG
    DSC04687.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 12
J
You will find that there are stops that prevent the temerature mixer moving beyond a certain amount. With the temperature control in the central point, take the temp control off and adjust the splined part that it turns. You will need to try this and see which way is correct. Then refit the control and test, re-adjust as necessary until the correct temp range is selected.
Steve

tanks - I will try this. What do the stops normally look like?

Can you identify the mixer (from my shabby photo)?

The stops are just part of the shower casing that prevent the temp control being turned too far. i.e when you turn onto max hot or cold the dial stops. Don't know what shower this is from but this type all have the same principle.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where is the problem - pls help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock