Search the forum,

Discuss Water hammer after new toilet fill vale instaled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Hi

Instaled a torbec fill valve for a customer, did the commisioning, left the property all good. Had a call this morning telling me his house sounded like a building site. Obviously the pipe work rattling from water hammer, can any body help, explain why this may be happening.

Thanks
Plum Bob:eek:

Hi

Instaled a torbec fill valve for a customer, did the commisioning, left the property all good. Had a call this morning telling me his house sounded like a building site. Obviously the pipe work rattling from water hammer, can any body help, explain why this may be happening.

Thanks
Plum Bob:eek:
did you fit the correct flow reducer in the ball valve they are the litle sgrew thingy's that come with the valve

Hi Steve

Just checked the old unit and there was no flow reducer fitted, I did fit one howevor.

It's from the sudden shut-off of the torbeck valve. Have had the same problem myself. Either change the valve to a standard arm type float valve or use one of those sioux chief water hammer arrestors.

Is the pipe work clipped? You could try throttling down on the service valve this may help.

Wouldn't recommend throttling service valve - will make some nasty noises and vibrations. A PRV in the cold supply shortly after where it enters the house would be a better idea.

Dear all

Thanks for the feedback, atended site and replaced torbeck with another valve i had, alls quitened down now so can only put it down to the torbeck valve. Footnote the water pressure on site was above 2 bar.

Plum Bob

Hi,
had this same problem call opella the manufactures of the valve they sent me out and anti water hammer fitting that was a doddle to fit within the valve body. Took care of the problem. contact them on 01432357331 (the part is free)

Hi

Can you not supply these inserts with your valve? Torbecks are too unreliable for me to fit now but I still have a few knocking round as some cisterns wont accecpt the more reliable Fluidmaster.

I've just had too many calls from customers reporting bad water hammer and constant filling problems.

While I'm at it your Variflush drop valves need to be taken off the shelves as they are NOT fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Sorry phill think you've got the wrong end of the stick. I don't work for torbeck, I was just commenting that i had a similar problem.

I've only had the water hammer problem once and like i said I fitted inserts and it solve the problem. Opella sent them to me for free. So maybe you should give them a call if your still having problems I posted there number above..

Sorry about that, its just similar posts appear on forums all the time, a new member drags up an old thread and seems to 'big up' the company.

Welcome to the form clemda1! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water hammer after new toilet fill vale instaled in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hi Just removed an old toilet and fitted a new push button cistern one. I had to re-route the supply water pipe over the waste pipe coming out of the back as i had to use a swan neck one to line up with waste hole in floor,and the water pipe didn't fit past waste pipe. I cut the supply pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run of 6 or 7. When tested by Affinity Water no other houses seemed to be drawing water. If you were to run a hose and another house draws water the...
Replies
Views
I'd be grateful for any advice re the following: Background I have a mini water hammer arrestor on the cold feed into my combi boiler, which is situated in the airing cupboard on my house's landing next to the bathroom. Please see the photo. The arrestor was fitted when my old gravity...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system. Long story, with lots of things tried already, so please bear with me… Firstly, a photo of the heart of the system in the garage as it is today (lots...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock