Search the forum,

Discuss getting a wooshing sound in supply pipe after fitting new toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Just removed an old toilet and fitted a new push button cistern one.
I had to re-route the supply water pipe over the waste pipe coming out of the back as i had to use a swan neck one to line up with waste hole in floor,and the water pipe didn't fit past waste pipe.
I cut the supply pipe about 600 mm away, and fitted a service valve (not a full bore) i then had to route pipe over the waste pipe using 3 right angle joints to get to cistern inlet.
After finnishing, it all works ok, but now i hear a wooshing sound from the cold water pipe in the corner of the room whilst it is filling after a flush. Trying to work out what has changed to cause this,.. is it the new cistern ,which i left the restrictor in as we have a good pressure, is it not using a Full Bore Valve, is it having 3 right angle joints in pipe to cistern ???. Any help much appreciated Alan

Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s normal for them to be slightly noisy unit some water is in the cistern

Reply to getting a wooshing sound in supply pipe after fitting new toilet in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to the 1/2" pipe (blue pipe) is a problem as the coupling is larger than the pipe although both are 1/2". Most people do not realize that there are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I waited a while before I posted this as I wanted to see how long the issue would go on for. There is a whistling sound from the pipes next to the bathroom but not when I use the water in my flat but whenever my neighbour does who lives below me. Everyone got disconnected from the...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock