Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
£65 is the standard survey fee mate. I hope your not being short changed on the installs. Are you working for Solar King Q67?

i think the energy assessors get roughly about that but for us that only survey the boiler its £30, and £250 a boiler, if you know anyone who is paying better than that point me in their direction lol

That said fitted 6 boilers in last 3 weeks so poss picking maybe we dont need eco or the green deal

To be honest, looking at the sum total of all government schemes over the last 10 years, I think that industry would have been better off without most of them. The only honourable exception was the boiler scrappage scheme, because the admin was minimal and every installer had a fair crack at the whip.

To be honest, looking at the sum total of all government schemes over the last 10 years, I think that industry would have been better off without most of them. The only honourable exception was the boiler scrappage scheme, because the admin was minimal and every installer had a fair crack at the whip.

You've got to agree though that this ECO scheme is better than the previous Warmfront scheme, where only one company got the money.

You've got to agree though that this ECO scheme is better than the previous Warmfront scheme, where only one company got the money.

Fair point. My concern is that they hedge it round with so much admin that many of the smaller installers will be scared off. I believe that this is a deliberate tactic. It appeals to both the mandarins in Whitehall, and the "industry figures" that they consult with - which are almost exclusively the big players who have whole departments capable of dealing with it.

Its just a form of rent-seeking - it doesn't add anything for either the industry or the public - it just skews business in favour of those who have the ear of policymakers.

Sorry Q67 I can't reply with your thread mate, on the whole this forum is dead slow, but adding a quote would take ages to load. However, if your getting £250 per swop then your doing OK. Though the money for the boiler survey is a bit light!!

This ECO scheme is funded by the gas & Leccy bill payer, with Ofgen & the big six energy companies involved. In Scotland anyway the boiler scrapage scheme was Scottish Government funded.

lets see september/ocotber time who is funding this , if our energy bills take a hike then it us who is funding the scheme

Oh there's no doubt we(gas & leccy bill payers) are funding the ECO scheme mate.
I'm far from a noble person & a condensing boiler will not save you a fortune in gas, but if it helps OAPs in any small way to stay warm over the winter, well I think it's a good thing.

There's an amazing number of OAPs don't have TRVs or a Room Thermostat. Which in 2013 is a complete disgrace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hello. I am not a plumber. I am tenant my oil boiler hasnt seen a plumber in 3 years and hasnt had the flue cleaned in since I moved in four...
Replies
Views
A landlord who's properties I look after asked me to go and do a landlord check and service on a vokera compact 29he in a property she is buying...
Replies
Views
mikeyc
M
J
Hi. Ive posted this to call on the forums experience for a some advice. I am currently living in a three bedroom bungalow, its not a small...
Replies
Views
A
hi all, i'm sure i'm not the only plumber who has had issues with rouge customers so thought i would put this up and see how you guys would deal...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock