Discuss Help with rouge customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who says £80 is expensive for a night call out and refit the following day is undercharging, I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Anyone that thinks there the best usually are pretty poor to everyone else except themselves

Anyone that thinks there the best usually are pretty poor to everyone else except themselves

seems a bit harsh tbh everyones got different prices it all depends on what part of the country your from imho

Your prices are more than fair and I shake my head in disbelief that some might find that expensive for a 10pm call out and a 2nd visit.

Do a google search for free solicitors letter, there are loads offering them. They will send a letter out on your behalf which may make he realise he needs to pay you.

I again think that £80 is more than fair and a 10pm callout would justify the fee alone. The landlord had the opputunity to just turn the water off himself and call you out next day but if he or the tenant can't be bothered then they have to pay. Always makes me laugh when customers say i work until 7pm you can come then or on a sunday to fix this etc and when you state that a you don't work weekends or nights or you would charge after hours rates they look at you as if you have no right to a life.

Go to the house with the bath problem, turn water off at stop tap and then take the handle off the stop tap until he pays up. Then charge him to fix the stop tap :D

I'm not sure i think £80 is steep for what essentially was 2 visits. No idea about prices in Leeds though to be fair but down here that wouldn't cover 2 1 hour callouts I shouldn't think. I think it's priced quite fairly.

The one thing I've found is that the more I charge the better the quality of customer I get. (Touch wood) I've not had a single customer cause me problems with payment for the last 18 months, everyone pays on the day or within a few days by BACS and I would say I'm pretty much charging the top of the price range in my area. Because of this I don't do much (if any) work for landlords but that is fine as they are only interested in how much it costs to have a job done and (because they don't live at the house) are notorious for not paying/paying slowly. If I have to do work like that the tenant pays and they claim it back from the landlord. I don't seem to be doing much worse than the other plumbers financially either from what I hear.

Last edited:
OR you could write off your losses and never have anything to do with him again.

Except writing a nice little letter to your local rag AND your MP explaining how this Landlord has tucked you up and how you want to prevent other tradesmen falling into the same trap!

Bad news is always halfway round the world before good news has its boots on!

Last edited by a moderator:
£80 is not dear seen as you went late and stopped his house being flooded also was it a combi or gravity fed system i had one were i said £65 he said you £25 out lad i said ;see ye. couldnt by the bits for the price he reconed ad just lerarn from it mate and get metarials money up front or walk away

ps you could always wait till its dark and put concrete down his stop tap outside in the road after youve turned it off cost a bit more than what he owes you

Id write it off and as Croppie has said,let him know that you'll be telling the guys down the merchants to stay away from him as he's a non-payer. Lets see how many local guys will answer the phone to him at 10pm again. These rogue landlords/agents should IMHO be 'no swearing' and burned, and not necessarily in that order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with rouge customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock