Search the forum,

Discuss down service reroute job mitcham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello.

I hope someone here has the expertise to help.

I know exactly what situation it took awhile.

On the loft on the 6th floor there is a cold water tank this tank feeds six properties in a straight line below my property is on the third floor so in the middle.
The job would entail rerouting a pipe 35 ml it's copper it might be metric or Imperial so the appropriate olives would be essential press fit connections preferred. And the pipe will be rerouted.

There is a valve directly above this particular line and when you turn it it shuts off the water
There is no valve in my property the valve is on the roof so there is no control in my house.

however when you start to drain after you turn that valve after about a minute or two hot water starts to pour out of the pipe the plumber that came shut the valve off and said more investigation needs to happen but unfortunately he lost interest. Probably because he realised how much work was involved.

He said there could be a back feed it could be a main supply but it's something from upstairs maybe a mixer tap which is going into my down service pipe. Or a faulty cylinder tank.

I'm looking for a company or an individual who has insurance and who has got some experience with cold water tanks draining tanks and possibly shutting off the main supply to the entire building.

Very frustrating situation as the pipe is in the way and we're not able to finish the kitchen for over one year.
There is a slight drip on the left area where the hot water cylinder tank used to be.
Not a standard job and Pimlico Plumbers also don't do communal.
I've also been turned away simply by asking for insurance from other companies I suppose they want every job to be easy for example a tap.

I would like someone who has very good experience and is confident competent and ready to investigate and conclude the job.

The freeholders have told me to make sure everyone has insurance and just get the job done but they have also not really acknowledged any potential backfeeding from other properties above me.

They have told me me we are free to knock on the doors and gain access tenants should be ok with that.

On the other hand if the valve is turned and the mains supply is also off if there is some sort of a mains feed coming down my pipe that should hopefully rectify the problem so I need somebody with experience who can locate water supply to blocks of flats.

Basically we need someone very experienced generally and someone who has definitely done this before.

I've been told not to leave my details here so please respond to the post or message me directly and I shall give you a phone call.
Thanks again.

Reply to down service reroute job mitcham in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock