Discuss The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAH HEATING

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just reading a bit about it in the monthly mag, I have an old 1920s house that has an old myson Apollo and gravity hot water...

no insulation, or double glazing with me being a landlord if I got an assessor out.... Would the works sThat got carried on, simply go onto the tenants fuel bill ?

I'm going to otherwise get the system changed by myself an pay for the windows to be done

I'm afraid I think its the landlord that gets to pay unfortunately according to this guide - Green Deal For Tenants

'The Green Deal scheme involves the homeowner, in this case your landlord, taking out a loan to fund the improvements needed to bring the property up to the required energy efficient standard.'

is it not still the landlords debt to pay though whether absorbed through bills over 25 years or not?

The charge will be paid by the tenant if occupied, if the property is vacant the Landlord foots the bill until the property is let again.

How I read it, the cost, bill, is paid through your electricity bill, so if the landlord doesn't use any electricity does he still have to fork out?

The landlord will still have a standing charge on the meter to pay for the green deal.

It's all abit vague this but easy way to look is tenant pays for it on their bills, if they move out ll pays until new tenant in.

L/lords can get it done for free through ECO (affordable warmth). Another scheme to kick the small guy in the nuts.

I do work for a letting agent with loads of old appliances and the type of tenants that'll qualify for ECO ... They're getting all their properties checked out free to see if they qualify for replacement!

Does anyone out there know who gets to do the installs? that is can anyone get the work or do you have to register somewhere or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

F
Hello. I am not a plumber. I am tenant my oil boiler hasnt seen a plumber in 3 years and hasnt had the flue cleaned in since I moved in four...
Replies
Views
A landlord who's properties I look after asked me to go and do a landlord check and service on a vokera compact 29he in a property she is buying...
Replies
Views
mikeyc
M
J
Hi. Ive posted this to call on the forums experience for a some advice. I am currently living in a three bedroom bungalow, its not a small...
Replies
Views
A
hi all, i'm sure i'm not the only plumber who has had issues with rouge customers so thought i would put this up and see how you guys would deal...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock