Search the forum,

Discuss Single flow mixer tap ok on kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are single flow mixer taps ok to fit on a kitchen sink, as long as check valves are fitted? Just want to confirm.

Yep , you only really need check valves when on gravity systems , doesnt really matter on combi systems

Thanks will have check valves as gravity hot and cold mains, just wonderd if this taps were ok for drinking water with the water mixing in the tap

Yes you will be fine , loads of taps do this . I guess they are a load easier to manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single flow mixer tap ok on kitchen sink in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching something else, i stumbled across people saying that a check valve should be placed on the cold mains feed. How can I tell if the mixer taps/spray arm mix...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
I'm a council tenant and my bathroom basin is broken and needs replacing, it has standard pillar taps. Do you know if councils would ever replace it with a mixer tap one if I paid the difference? (I'm guessing no but it's worth a try). How much more complicated and time consuming is it to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock