Discuss shower runs eratic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red man walking

this may seem vague but a customer says his thermostatic shower (mains cold, unvented hot fed) runs too hot when another tap in house is opened. The company who fitted it came back (cos it did it from new) and upsized some pipework. He says it was slightly better but not right. Shouldn't the shower compensate itself with it being thermostatic or am i missing something. I have not been yet to look at it but would like to take some sort of knowledge with me!!
Any thoughts would be appreciated

the flow ristrictor could be missing (small plastic disc in the shower hose( the hose to the shower head))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower runs eratic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi I've seen a previous thread that is closed now regarding this subject but the end result I could not see. Our Shower runs hot for 30 seconds...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back