Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo & concrete raft to soil pipe (rather than to brick manhole) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew2000

Scenario...
- CI soil pipe on outside wall (1948), neighbour shared, combined foul & storm
- Saniflo some 3.2m from the outside wall, 22mm piping assumed.
- Flooring grade Asphalt, Screed of unknown thickness (1948), Concrete Raft - rebar assumed to be >70mm down.
- Saniflo 22mm outlet pipe fall 1:200 most likely, 1:100 is a bit skimpy re risk of solids buildup

It might be possible to diamond saw the FLOOR for the 3.2m with sufficient coverage for flex conduit and plastic coated 22mm pipe.

Floor level is about 2-2.5 bricks above ground outside.

CI soil pipe has no bottom socket visible.
So does that mean the rest bend is separate (socket below ground) or integral?

Under BR AD H the lowest point for a 22mm boss connector is 450mm above the invert of the rest bend. I hunted last night for some other restriction, but that does appear to be it.

I could lift a 3x2 and trowel away at the clay until I find the pipe, however this is still at the "all possible on the shelf designs" stage. The low level brick manhole cover could have a 22mm low entry, but that part would be outsourced (paved cover, waterproof pipe insulation, UV proof also above terra firma).

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, question was a bit buried :)

Q - How TALL is a 1948 Cast Iron Rest Bend?

I have a Straight cast iron soil pipe entering the ground (concrete), which must enter the socket of a cast iron Rest Bend BELOW. The socket is not visible so I presume the ENTIRE Rest Bend is underground.

I need to know the height of a Cast Iron Rest Bend, so I can work out if the DISTANCE from a) Rest Bend Invert Depth to b) 22mm saniflo pipe set into the concrete floor is >450mm.

That is because Building Regs H require any soil pipe Boss Connector to be at least 450mm above Rest Bend invert level.

It saves me having to move a tight fitting 3x2 paving slab and trowel out the clay around the pipe and measure. Obviously I will have to at some point to check - but I am just whiteboard possible solutions.

I like the idea of a very short, horizontal (1:100) Saniflo pipe run - rather than the more usual design using vertical run to ceiling void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo & concrete raft to soil pipe (rather than to brick manhole) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice on the soil pipe inside or outside, I have searched on google and read couple of forums but don't find the right or wrong...
Replies
Views
We have had a long term problem with damp in our bungalow which exacerbated when we changed from the use of a system boiler (with pressure only...
Replies
Views
C
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could provide some guidance dealing with a very difficult situation I'm in. Some of you helped me with another...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
My daughter's just moved into her first house. She has an asbestos soil stack which runs through the house rather than up the outside of the...
Replies
Views
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock