Discuss Saniflo & concrete raft to soil pipe (rather than to brick manhole) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew2000

Scenario...
- CI soil pipe on outside wall (1948), neighbour shared, combined foul & storm
- Saniflo some 3.2m from the outside wall, 22mm piping assumed.
- Flooring grade Asphalt, Screed of unknown thickness (1948), Concrete Raft - rebar assumed to be >70mm down.
- Saniflo 22mm outlet pipe fall 1:200 most likely, 1:100 is a bit skimpy re risk of solids buildup

It might be possible to diamond saw the FLOOR for the 3.2m with sufficient coverage for flex conduit and plastic coated 22mm pipe.

Floor level is about 2-2.5 bricks above ground outside.

CI soil pipe has no bottom socket visible.
So does that mean the rest bend is separate (socket below ground) or integral?

Under BR AD H the lowest point for a 22mm boss connector is 450mm above the invert of the rest bend. I hunted last night for some other restriction, but that does appear to be it.

I could lift a 3x2 and trowel away at the clay until I find the pipe, however this is still at the "all possible on the shelf designs" stage. The low level brick manhole cover could have a 22mm low entry, but that part would be outsourced (paved cover, waterproof pipe insulation, UV proof also above terra firma).

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, question was a bit buried :)

Q - How TALL is a 1948 Cast Iron Rest Bend?

I have a Straight cast iron soil pipe entering the ground (concrete), which must enter the socket of a cast iron Rest Bend BELOW. The socket is not visible so I presume the ENTIRE Rest Bend is underground.

I need to know the height of a Cast Iron Rest Bend, so I can work out if the DISTANCE from a) Rest Bend Invert Depth to b) 22mm saniflo pipe set into the concrete floor is >450mm.

That is because Building Regs H require any soil pipe Boss Connector to be at least 450mm above Rest Bend invert level.

It saves me having to move a tight fitting 3x2 paving slab and trowel out the clay around the pipe and measure. Obviously I will have to at some point to check - but I am just whiteboard possible solutions.

I like the idea of a very short, horizontal (1:100) Saniflo pipe run - rather than the more usual design using vertical run to ceiling void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo & concrete raft to soil pipe (rather than to brick manhole) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the...
Replies
Views
S
I'm preparing to tile the floor... The floor near to the soil pipe remains wet (after cleaning) for longer and now, with toilet removed, the area...
Replies
Views
Currently working on new build flats. Building internals are of a timber construction with 100mm floating floors above wooden joists between each...
Replies
Views
K
We're redoing our utility room to have a run across the wall of a washing machine on the left, tumble dryer in the middle and cupboard with sink...
Replies
Views
B
I'm looking into ways to put en-suite bathrooms into two bedrooms which are room-in-roof (2nd floor). The floor level is above the eaves and the...
Replies
Views
Back