Discuss Soil pipe madness. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike-c

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Currently working on new build flats. Building internals are of a timber construction with 100mm floating floors above wooden joists between each floor.
Due to the design and positioning of drainage the soil branches for the baths/basins/kitchen sinks were placed in the floor gap then bends were brought straight up to bring the waste pipes above the floor within the space of the pipe box. On top of these branches are the 4x4 branches for the w.c,s.
The powers that be have declared that due to soundproofing problems no branches can be in the floor space.
They have demanded that all branches must be above floor hence raising everything by at least 80mm.
Their answer to the fact that the w.c. Drain connection is now too high for the specified and on site sanitary ware is that all w.c,s shall be placed on a 50mm plinth.
It is brand new local authority housing for goodness sake. Toilets should never have to go on a plinth on a new build.
i guess they know best.:willy_nilly:

madness for madness' sake. haven't they heard if soundproofing insulation?

its normal practice on new builds now, especially timber framed to not be able to put pipes, switches etc.... inside party walls/floors. This should have been sorted at design stage and if needed sound proof pipe routes built in the design or alternative svp positions. You should still be able to get normal pan height of 61/2-7" if you fit elephants feet? if the svp is next to bog?

sounds like a bit of a cock up, not a supprise on a HA new build to be honest.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe madness. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Following a first-floor bathroom remodel done poorly by a plumber in our house a couple of years ago I have stripped everything out and I'm...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, looking for some soil pipe/stack help please. I bought my first house end December and unfortunately had a toilet pipe blockage within a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Having the layout on the ground floor reworked, the plans to do so included moving the internal vertical soil pipe on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
Back