Search the forum,

Discuss Is a vertical section of soil pipe allowed between sloping sections? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben_F

I'm looking into ways to put en-suite bathrooms into two bedrooms which are room-in-roof (2nd floor). The floor level is above the eaves and the soil stack is on the outside wall mid-way between the two bedrooms.

My idea is to have two 4 inch toilet wastes joining into a vertical pipe which will be midway between the two en-suites and going down inside a new partition wall (extra wide partition wall to accommodate the pipe comfortably) on the first floor. Near the bottom of that wall, the pipe will have a bend and then 2 junctions taking waste from two more toilets on the first floor, then out though the wall to the existing soil stack.

Currently, the only feed into the soil stack is at ground floor level. The stack is cast iron and it's a listed property.

The wall is 800mm thick.

The question is, does building regs allow a vertical section of soil pipe inside the building, before it goes though the outside wall?

I'm going to wriggle with this one ...

My guess is that's fine BUT ...

I'd check with your authority first. In addition, if you're installing new WCs in new rooms, you'll need a building inspection so if this is the case then you could ask the building inspector and see what he says.

i agree you need permission to fit toilets in new positions where none were before so just ask advice when they inspect.

Thanks folks. I haven't put an offer on the property yet, so it's early days!

It looks like I'll need to have a chat with building control at the local authority.

As Dontknowitall says, but some BI"s don't have much experience in this. When checking it out with colleagues they come up with all sorts of problems. Using 92.5 degree tight bends at base/change of direction can be an issue. Venting at this point may be required, Access on bends for rodding. etc. Its no unknown as it has been used where there is a risk of damage to soil pipe ground level by passing traffic. Good Luck

most loft exstensions break all the rules regarding one pipe systems so the chabces are youll be able to do what you want youll possibbly need a durgo or soil to atmosphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is a vertical section of soil pipe allowed between sloping sections? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock