Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe inside or outside the property in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Need some advice on the soil pipe inside or outside, I have searched on google and read couple of forums but don't find the right or wrong answer of soil pipe being inside or outside the property.

We are adding two rooms on the side of the house and one loft into dormer conversion. Please see in the attached image the two bathrooms on the side of the property will go directly into main sewerage.

My question is regarding the highlighted circled image with two options.
1) OPTION 1: Soil pipe for main first floor bath and dormer ensuite to pass through inside the property, the advantage I can see is less travel hence less chances of problems but I am thinking in the long term if there would be a problem, my floor would be concrete, underfloor heating so it would be a complete mess if we have to diagnoses something inside the property plus odour/smell is also what might causes a problem. (The house was built around 1970s and this is how the current soil pipe was, it was boxed from first floor bathroom to kitchen below but now we have added another bathroom in dormer just above the first floor bathroom)

2) OPTION 2, Soil pipe all the way outside the property to the main sewerage as shown in the image. Advantage less pain in case of problems, no odour because less soil pipe inside the property. Long travel of pipe which may or may not be a problem. My house is on slightly sloppy ground all the way from front to back but I think the slope will be same even if we go inside the house.

Can you please comment on both options or do you have any better option than these ? Builder is towards OPTION 1 because less digging and less labour.

Thanks
ifti

Severage inside outside of a house.jpg

Reply to Soil pipe inside or outside the property in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi all, really need a suggestion.. We recently bought this house and started seeing drain backflow issues when using washing machine into the kitchen,with continuous usage of Mr Muscle it was good for a couple of weeks later we had major backflow issue and kitchen flooding when we use...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock