Discuss replacing duo tec with either potterton gold or main eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
just wondering if both these boilers fit existing jig and also flue terminal is in same position?

both fit the jig but only the gold has a off line flue like a duo,whats wrong with the duotec?

got called out today as had water coming out of bottom of boiler. primary heat exchanger had a crack which ive never seen before, water has knackered fan, board also water into gas valve. No service history on boiler commission sheet blank. customer cant remember who fit it. they want price on cheapest boiler. thats why thinking straight swap using existing jig

change it for another duo

£400 for main eco or something like that

with flue and clock if so thats a good deal (my prices to me normally about 499 and duo about 560-620 depending where i get it from)

so its only the gold that will line up with existing flue hole but jig fits all then?

no duo,plat,titanium,gold,promax all off center flues,main center flue,they all fit on the same jig,even jig from earlier 105/80 e/performa is the same

If you shop around and haggle with one of the big boys you can grab a duotec with flue kit (hor or vert) with quality big name mag clean and all chemicals for 575+V

Last edited by a moderator:
Main Eco's are good and cheap got one in my house but they are heavy so you need strong arms.

Plumb centre have a 24 kw duo tec erp for £750 inc VAT which comes with flue, a Magnaclean micro 2 or Fernox filter plus chemicals. Might be best getting a Potterton if they want cheap as chips though.

If you are nice to them you get that for £700 including hoz or vert flue. Mag filter and chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing duo tec with either potterton gold or main eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
hi everyone a local installer has recently quoted me £3,660 for a complete install using the main eco compact 25kw boiler i have also been...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Baxi Duo Tec 28 Hot Water Issue. Hi, I have a Nazi duo tec 28. I’m having an issue with my hot water. If the CH is on, and I turn on the hot...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet...
Replies
Views
Back