Search the forum,

Discuss replacing duo tec with either potterton gold or main eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
just wondering if both these boilers fit existing jig and also flue terminal is in same position?

both fit the jig but only the gold has a off line flue like a duo,whats wrong with the duotec?

got called out today as had water coming out of bottom of boiler. primary heat exchanger had a crack which ive never seen before, water has knackered fan, board also water into gas valve. No service history on boiler commission sheet blank. customer cant remember who fit it. they want price on cheapest boiler. thats why thinking straight swap using existing jig

change it for another duo

ÂŁ400 for main eco or something like that

with flue and clock if so thats a good deal (my prices to me normally about 499 and duo about 560-620 depending where i get it from)

so its only the gold that will line up with existing flue hole but jig fits all then?

no duo,plat,titanium,gold,promax all off center flues,main center flue,they all fit on the same jig,even jig from earlier 105/80 e/performa is the same

If you shop around and haggle with one of the big boys you can grab a duotec with flue kit (hor or vert) with quality big name mag clean and all chemicals for 575+V

Last edited by a moderator:
Main Eco's are good and cheap got one in my house but they are heavy so you need strong arms.

Plumb centre have a 24 kw duo tec erp for ÂŁ750 inc VAT which comes with flue, a Magnaclean micro 2 or Fernox filter plus chemicals. Might be best getting a Potterton if they want cheap as chips though.

If you are nice to them you get that for ÂŁ700 including hoz or vert flue. Mag filter and chemicals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to replacing duo tec with either potterton gold or main eco in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock