Discuss Outside lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

direct-network

Hello,

Due to a number of burglaries in the local area, i'm looking to install two pir security lights to the rear of my house. Problem is i'm slightly unsure as to whether my wiring plan is up to scratch?

I have;

2x 400 Security Lights (with PIR sensors)
2.5mm Grey 2 core + earth cable
1x switched fused spur with a 3A fuse. (see pic)

WIRING.jpg

Once I have got power to the first light, and then the second light, should I have a forth cable between the L1 ports to ensure they are both activated when movement is detected? If so what cable should be used?

It seems so simple in my head lol!!!!

Wrong forum maybe?

User name.

Oh and just use a 4 core cable to link the units using the spare as the link...... Probably

I think we should have a electrics section for all the system wiring etc questions ! They are always a good read !

Good idea, we should have an ideas section as well for ideas like yours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Outside lighting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
S
Ok so firstly I am not a big fan of electics but would like to get some info in regards to the following project. I have a new house (2009) so...
Replies
Views
I stupidly decided to balance my radiators this morning as the ones furthest away from the boiler were cool. I followed the instructions found on...
Replies
Views
5thblyscouts
O
I live in rented accomodation (but am also myself a landlord elsewhere and wouldn't treat my tenants like this!). Since I moved in 3 months ago...
Replies
Views
leeagar
L
P
No not the 2 legged type, but the ones with cloven hooves, pigs are a big industry in the Department I live in (22) the Cotes D'Armor, and I have...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock