Discuss no hot water even though cylinder is hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to this one today, hot water only luke warm at best from hot taps.

Indirect cylinder, gravity fed system. Cylinder is scolding hot.

My thoughts were either bath shower mixer cold feeding back down hot or o/v pipe somehow fallen into the tank and sucking in cold water through o/v.

Any other ideas? this was my 13th job so going back tomorrow.

At all outlets or just the bath shower mixer?

Hot water outlet scaled up solid maybe if the tank is scalding off a gravity circuit

All outlets, that's a thought thanks gassafe, don't think it would be that though as the flow is good from the hot outlets, just not very hot.

I would look at the cylinder vent down into cwt & perhaps also a partly blocked cold feed pipe to the cylinder.
Cold mixing to hot from a mixer is unlikely if all gravity. Mains mixing likely but the cwt would overflow eventually.
On a Willis external heater connected wrongly to cyl feed, it is possible to have hot water stored but cold water coming out of hot tap.

The cylinder had made itself a blending valve then lol... Nice to have an easy fix! I will remember this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water even though cylinder is hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back