Discuss MDPE 32 or 25mm into the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Thames Water upgrade my mains connection to a 32mm MDPE," so i read that as 32mm to a meter or the stop tap?

Perhaps OP will confirm if 25mm went straight into push fit connection at meter or if TW left 1 metre of 32 mm for external connection.
In my area the water company would be screaming, "Infrastructure Charge", for a straight 32mm run through.

Yep I agree with you that a standard metre installation is 25mm MDPE but you can have 32mm MDPE if your property design requires a larger flow rate, it might not be easy but it is achievable.

Maybe the OP can clarify for us?

I have just had Thames Water upgrade my mains connection to a 32mm MDPE, however my builder has run a 25mm MDPE after TW stopcock from the property boundary into the house,

Says it all, boys

I have attached a picture of the connection just after Thames Water stopcock. At the top is the MDPE pipe coming from the TW stopcock, at the bottom is the 25mm running into the house that the plumber fitted.
Looks like the pipe coming out from the stopcock is a 32mm?
DSC_0565.jpg

I stand corrected that is 32mm stepped down to 25mm and the builder must have realised when he purchased the fitting. Your ÂŁ1100 cost misled me. Last time I wanted larger connection for nursing home, supplier wanted ÂŁ5500 infrastructure charge and we ended up increasing cold water storage.

So does this mean the builder was correct to downsize to 25mm, or could he have carried on with 32mm inside the house to the internal stopcock?

I think the answer without seeing is that 25mm should do what you require however they could've carried on in 32mm

So does this mean the builder was correct to downsize to 25mm, or could he have carried on with 32mm inside the house to the internal stopcock?

He should have asked the question and you should have asked a plumber. Hopefully the internal stopcock is to 22mm copper as is your cold water feed to unvented. A G3 plumber should sort out cold water balance to shower and bathroom fittings together with necessary non return valves. The benefit of replacing 25mm with 32mm can then be assessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MDPE 32 or 25mm into the house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock