Search the forum,

Discuss Low cold water pressure in only one part of the house :( in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom...

In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in my downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom (they back on to each other). The main cold feed (kitchen tap) is normal pressure. And all the upstairs cold taps are normal pressure.

I've checked and turned all the isolation valves. I've checked for grit build up in taps and the washing machine hose (it's spurred off feed in utility room) to no avail. I don't have a cold water tank in loft so nothing doing there.

When I closed off the cold feed isolation valve in upstairs airing cupboard it stopped cold water upstairs and in the downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom so it looks like they get fed after upstairs (I had assumed they would be fed first).

I'm now worried all it can be is a leak :( (plumber can't come until Wednesday)

Any bright ideas?

Difficult to say for sure but assuming it's mains pressure to these outlets that has decreased I think you would've visbly seen a leak unless pipes a buried.

Are these outlets being fed from upstairs at the end of the circuit in which case I think you probably have a blockage.

Whatever downstairs room is fed before the other, that's where I'd start investigating.

Can you post a photo of the upstairs showing where you've turned the valve off and any other pipework and valves nearby.
Where does the hot water come from, Combi boiler or Hot water cylinder?

Reply to Low cold water pressure in only one part of the house :( in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock