Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion heater is working but no hot water coming through taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Lai

Please can someone help. Plumber came to property and said that the immersion heater is working. We do not have any hot water coming through the taps. He said that he is unable to locate a thermostatic mixing valve in the property which needs to be repaired. Where is this located?

Please find image attached of cylinder

IMG-20181121-WA0001.jpg

[automerge]1565628047[/automerge]

Isolate mains cold water and then see if you have hot come through.

My guess would be a mixer shower somewhere. What showers do you have? Also what taps?

does your have any flow of water if not is your float valve stuck in the supply tank with no water in the tank no flow of hot. alternatively if you have only cold water coming out of the hot tap then you have a problem with either a mixer tap passing or a tmv faulty (i have my doubts about this one as it would have probably needed checking a few times over the year)

Reply to Immersion heater is working but no hot water coming through taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
I have read of hot water cylinders being heated with a dual element immersion heater. The main principle being that a shorter element heats the...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock