Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss IMI range Tribune 2 unvented cylinder/ Cut off water and water regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I hope one of you can help. A friend asked me to change a broken washbasin, which appears to be a straightforward job however three things I would like to ask.

1 In order to change the washbasin I need to cut off the water. The hot and cold do not have isolators. Am I obliged to fit isolators to conform to water regulations

2. The house has a IMI range Tribune 2 unvented cylinder but I cannot see a tundish in the airing cupboard. From my training om unvented cylinders, which I have done recently,a tundish should be within 500mm of the cylinder I believe? Or was this not a requirement 10 years ago when the cylinder was installed.

3. Also to turn off the hot water to replace the washbasin, I am assuming I could turn the heating off, stop the mains from the stopcock, turn on the hot taps to drain of the excess hot water and drain the cylinder enough to prevent water gushing out when I take the washbasin off.

Any help would be gratefully received

thanks

Paul

1. Not a reg, good idear to fit them though.

2. You have done the training so should know. however it should have one within 500mm of TPR as is done to old regs.

3. Turn the mains of and away you go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to IMI range Tribune 2 unvented cylinder/ Cut off water and water regulations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am fitting new taps and a shower mixer in my en-suite and was looking to isolate the hot water pipes. I have an unvented indirect...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock