Discuss Hot water still running when boiler water supply is isolated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, It's my first post on here and I wondered if anyone has any pearls of wisdom concerning the following. Thanks in advance, Karl

I'm trying to figure this one out, any help would be much appreciated.

I was called to a house, their complaint was inconsistent temperature at all water outlets (the shower mixer, hot tap, bath mixer and kitchen hot tap) and everything is served by a Worcester 40CDi Combi the shower mixer, hot tap, bath mixer and kitchen hot tap are all still running cold even when the boiler is switched off AND the water is isolated to the boiler inlet suggesting to me that somewhere the mains cold seems to be bypassing the boiler. This would seem to be a simple explanation however this is around a 10 year old installation and only now is causing problems for the occupant in the way of fluctuating water temperatures when using the taps or shower.

Also, when the bathroom hot tap and kitchen hot tap are opened water can be heard circulating behind the shower mixer (the shower is not on at this point).

I'm not sure if I'm missing something glaringly obvious but what really confuses me is why would this problem be occurring now if the installation is so old?

Any comments would be really appreciated, trying to figure it out is making my head hurt! :dizzy2:

Hi
You are missing the obvious :6:
You can hear water passing through the shower mixer, because that's what's happening. It will need check valve fitting on bothe inlets. Problem will then be solved.:24:

As Chalked says. It may already have them internally and they've busted !

That would explain why it's happening at 10 years old

Thank you Chalked & Last Plumber, that makes perfect sense! I just need to find the parts now!

Local plumbers merchant or ring manufacturers for a part number. Photos can help via email too if you're struggling

Thank you Chalked & Last Plumber, that makes perfect sense! I just need to find the parts now!

Local plumbers merchant or ring manufacturers for a part number. Photos can help via email too if you're struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water still running when boiler water supply is isolated. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Back