Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss hot water in my central heating header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

churchy

Hello first time user to this forum and novice diy plumber. Was hoping to find some advice and help. My problem is that hot water is coming up from what i believe to be the hot water system and trickling into my central heating cold water feed tank i think its maybe some kind of overflow from the h/water system but not sure any idea's or solutions would be greatly appreciated thankyou.

Hi. It may be general displacement due to the heating side of the system expansion on heating? If is overflowing and below the level of the cold water storage cistern it may well be a pinhole in the indirect cylinder heat exchanger/coil.

Are there any signs of water colour here when turning on a hot water tap at the outlet??? Tricky one.

could be several things but basicly the systems venting over you may have a failing pump,failing boiler thermostat,gas pressures to high or system corrosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hot water in my central heating header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock