Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Hi everybody, needing some advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pilch

Hi all, now a member of another forum. I have a small problem, hopefully. My head is spinning having searched the web for answers and now I am confused. I have a Glow worm Micron boiler downstairs and on the landing cupboard I have an indirect hot water cylinder which we have just replaced in the same position. I have also replaced the thermostat on the side and also replaced the 3 port mid-position-valve. Having refilled the system and tried it on heating and hot water together it was fine, I was unaware of any noises. But now when I turn on hot water on its own after about 20 minutes I hear gurgling/running/dripping water through the pipes around the cylinder and when I stand by the boiler. Then after about 3 minutes of the noise the boiler will shut off (reset). I am assuming this is trapped air and have tried releasing it through the release valve which is on the end of the pipe pointing upwards from the mid-pos-valve. I get an instant release of water/hiss but I'm not sure whether I should be doing this when it makes the noise and whether I should be pushing on it continually. Any suggestions on what to do next. Thanks

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello Pilch, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

Hi Pilch

Welcome to the forums,hope you enjoy

With regard your system,if running ok for 20mins do not think air

maybe boiler thermostat faulty

double check you have done pipework through valve correctly

is pump over run ok

Hi
Have you got a gate valve on the cylinder return pipe (opposite pipe to the one off the motorised valve going into the cylinder) Check that its open fully for a few minutes while you have the hotwater cicuit on then close it down half way. See if that works?

Yes we have checked the pipe work around valve and all is as it should be, not sure what pump over run means, it sounds ok when running and there is a switch on side to adjust the speed!! and it is on the max mark.

Spike, I don't have any other valve around by the pipework only one either side of the pump to shut that off. Are both of these supposed to be fully open or half shut?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi everybody, needing some advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock