Discuss help with analouge multimeter to check boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ljgarrett

ive never used a mutimeter and i need to check the continuity on a boilers pressure switch and the flame sense electrode.i know where the connections are on the pcb.i just dont know how to use the multimeter.please can someone help me with a idiots guide,many thanks lee:confused:

right leads in meter put it on loop x100 loop impeadance or a upside down u sign touch the needles together the dial should shoot up

right thats continuity on a detection lead or ignition for that matter touch the tip of the electrode with one lead the other end of wire cable with the other lead if the needle shoots up you have proved continuity in other words theres no brakes in that part if the needle does not move then that leads faulty BUT allways do a continuty test on the meter and leads first to make sure there working and the meter must be on this setting before you start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help with analouge multimeter to check boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler -...
Replies
Views
Evening All I used this forum over the last month to research my problem with the Logic 35 boiler losing pressure. Background - My 4 year old...
Replies
Views
Rand G Thin
R
HI Guys and girls hopefully someone can help went to a breakdown over 2 months ago, no hot water and heating , took the case of and called for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock