Discuss Gledhill hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daz1908

Every time hot water is used my cylinder pops and bangs, do I have a faulty cylinder? Has anyone had same problem?

It's the casing, mine does it too. Is the PRV holding the correct pressure, or do you have enough pressure? I think mine does it because I don't quite get 3 bar from the main

Thanks, I'm sure i have enough pressure and I've just had new 32mm main installed from road to increase flow. I've had the PRV checked and yes it was down in pressure so it was increased but the popping and banging hasn't ceased. I've only had the cylinder for 3 months not sure if I should insist on it being changed?

Thanks but don't think I have a ball valve as its a pressurised system?

Every time hot water is used my cylinder pops and bangs, do I have a faulty cylinder? Has anyone had same problem?

Photo of the cylinder would help, any reference numbers on the gledhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gledhill hot water cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock