Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Multipoint Water & Shower Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaude

Hello Dear Plumbers,
Here's my problem:

I use a Vokera Flowmaster Gas multipoint at mains water pressure to supply hot water to kitchen and bathroom. This continues to work well after many years. But I've always had an annoying problem when using the shower which has a Triton mixer control. When I use the mixer to reduce the hot and increase the cold, when it reaches a certain point the multipoint turns off giving me stone cold water (a shock to this 71 year old)!

I then have to move the mixer all the way to hot and wait while the mulitipoint comes back on and the hot water reaches the bathroom. I can overcome this problem by leaving one of the sink hot taps running at a slow rate. It's just annoying having to do this and seems such a waste of water.

Is there anything magic that can be done so I can use the shower wiithout having to leave another hot tap running?
Many thanks in anticipation of your help and/or ideas.

Get it stripped and serviced by a gas safe engineer . Lime scale may be causing it to be less sensitive .

As above but if once the multipoint has been well serviced (should be serviced anualy) the problem persistsYou might find a pressure balancing valve on the supply pipes prior to your shower valve would resolve this. As the thermostatic cartridge in the shower is closing down the flow of hot water to hold your preferred temperature it is dropping below the point sufficient to throw the switch in the multipoint that tells it to ignite and provide hit water.

Welcome to the forum.
you will need to contact a local gas safe engineer as I suspect this problem is internal to the multipoint. It should be a straightforward repair.

Welcome aboard, sounds like it's done you fairly well though buddy? a good service should sort it out hopefully

I don't think this is a problem with the multipoint. The OP says that there has always been a problem with the shower. Sounds to me as if the shower valve is not compatible with multipoint water heaters. The problem may be rectified by using a pressure balancing valve as solutions suggests may provide a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Multipoint Water & Shower Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock