Search the forum,

Discuss Fireplaces - A safety issue - please read - HOW DO YOU FIT FIRE SURROUNDS ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

Some not all might have read about the little girl who lost her life when a fireplace
came away and fell onto her - I think we should post how we deal with fire surrounds

I know this is not plumbing matter but the problem is not gas - it is building and the plumbing
forum is the most looked at - so to get the msg out I have posted on here. Move it if you want
mr mod.

What we do ..........is to always use mirror plates 2x per slip = 4x then 2x per head

When doing marble slate or stone - the slips and head are ALWAYS FIXED back to a good wall
with car body filler -(epoxy) and are also joined in the same way + MIRROR plaTES

LET us all know how you do it - collective knowledge is best.......centralheatking ..:44:

Happy to leave it in this forum CHK, hopefully the message will get out there and if it saves 1 life, it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fireplaces - A safety issue - please read - HOW DO YOU FIT FIRE SURROUNDS ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, At risk of blabbing on i'll try keep this short. I recently replaced an old vented hot water system with a unvented system We went for the Telford Tempest 300L installed by G3 qualified person. Functionally it works well. Pressure is great, heats well, no leaks. There's still...
Replies
Views
We have a Glowworm BBU56F (back boiler). Its well-maintained/serviced and since we’ve been in the property (15 years) only the Thermocouple was replaced in July of this year, otherwise has been running fine. We’ve not had heating/hot water for a month now, and with 2 young kids/unwell missus...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Plumbers and Plumbing Work During COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic (Public Weekly Thread) Firstly, Hi lads and ladies. Apologies it has been a while posting here. @Lou and I have been checking in every now and again to catch up with some things. I have 101 unread messages and 1,160 notifications...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and iambic pentameter: Vote for your favourite and here we go again Go vote, young man!
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock