Discuss Drilling cylindrical cold water feed tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Guys,

Nothings ever simple is it.

I need to fit a shower pump for a customer but the house used to have a flat roof, therefore the cold water feed is one of the cylindrical ones on top of the hot water cylinder.

Has anyone successfully drilled one of these and fitted a tank connector. If so, how can this be done?

Alternatively, as the roof is now pitched with a roof space would it be better to install a new tank up there dedicated to feeding the shower?

You cant use the existing cylinder for a pumped shower, you will need to change it for a standard cylinder and storage tank in the loft, might be cheaper to quote for an unvented cylinder if the mains is up to it.

also make sure the cold from the tank feeding the shower is below the outlet feeding the hot water cylinder. (minium 25mm below) to stop scalding. if this cant be done then a new tank will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drilling cylindrical cold water feed tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am reinstating an indirect hot water tank and have 2 cold water feeds coming into it from the same supply. One of the feeds has a float...
Replies
Views
I have just purchased a Mira digital pumped shower This will fit above an existing bath. Can I use a T from the 22 mm bath feeds to connect the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock