Search the forum,

Discuss Shower installation water feeds in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I have just purchased a Mira digital pumped shower
This will fit above an existing bath.
Can I use a T from the 22 mm bath feeds to connect the hot and cold to the module.
Currently the bath is fed from below floor level.
Ideally I would take a feed from the hot water cylinder and from the header tank, but these are located in the extension of the house and the header tank is at a lower elevation than the original house by Approximately 600 mm hence why I think the feeds to the en-suite are under the floor.
It would be a big task to run a 2 new dedicated feeds
Please advise

Regards Iain.

What do the Instructions say ?

The instructions show a feed from the header tank and a feed from the cylinder.
Unfortunately the ceiling in the original house is higher than the ceiling in the extension where the header tank is.

I may have misunderstood the situation- but it’s possible you will need a negative head pump. At least check that you have enough flow under gravity at the shower head height , otherwise the pump in your digital processor won’t operate.

You need to check instructions for pump location.

I’ve just had a look and if I’m looking at the correct instructions, the controller needs to be a minimum 100mm below the lowest level of the cold water tank.

It also recommends dedicated feeds to reduce air locks.

I don’t recommend or personally deviate from the MI’s as it can cause loads of head aches that I don’t need.

However, you want to reduce the risk of airlocks. You could potentially take a feed from the vertical bath supplies higher that the unit and running down to the unit. This allows any air to travel up and collect at the bath taps for easy removal. Not ideal, but should work

Reply to Shower installation water feeds in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock