Discuss Crosswater Sol Thermostatic Shower Non Return Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keeno37

Hi there, newbie here trying to fix a non return valve for the shower above. I've tried to post photos but not sure it has worked. The valve has been discontinued but basically just looks like a spring and a plunger. I suspect it is the spring which has gone. Will any spring do? Can you find springs on their own?

I basically have hot water feeding through the shower valve into the cold feed and making the header tank overflow (the shower has its own cold water header tank which is lower than the tank to feed the hot water system) the cold water tank does not have an isolation valve so I'm going to have to drain the system. As the tank only feeds the shower via a salamander CT50 twin impeller can i just turn the shower on to drain? (with the power off to the pump) If i isolate the hot supply will the cold drain on its own?

Tried contacting a local plumber (stockport) two no shows so far....

Thanks

Try shower doctor .com for the part(s) and welcome to the forum keeno.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum Keeno.
Try here: [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Drain the tank, bung the tank, just get it isolated.

Most Non returns are standard parts and quite common in many showers, if crosswater are no use then try shower doctor as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crosswater Sol Thermostatic Shower Non Return Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock