Search the forum,

Discuss Crosswater Sol Thermostatic Shower Non Return Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keeno37

Hi there, newbie here trying to fix a non return valve for the shower above. I've tried to post photos but not sure it has worked. The valve has been discontinued but basically just looks like a spring and a plunger. I suspect it is the spring which has gone. Will any spring do? Can you find springs on their own?

I basically have hot water feeding through the shower valve into the cold feed and making the header tank overflow (the shower has its own cold water header tank which is lower than the tank to feed the hot water system) the cold water tank does not have an isolation valve so I'm going to have to drain the system. As the tank only feeds the shower via a salamander CT50 twin impeller can i just turn the shower on to drain? (with the power off to the pump) If i isolate the hot supply will the cold drain on its own?

Tried contacting a local plumber (stockport) two no shows so far....

Thanks

Try shower doctor .com for the part(s) and welcome to the forum keeno.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum Keeno.
Try here: [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Drain the tank, bung the tank, just get it isolated.

Most Non returns are standard parts and quite common in many showers, if crosswater are no use then try shower doctor as suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crosswater Sol Thermostatic Shower Non Return Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock