Discuss Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok then it’s impossible to tell from the angle of your pics the levels. That will be down to you. As long as the water in the f&e is lower than that in the larger tanks then you can rule out split coil. Only logical other fault then would be one of your mixers passing
Also if the coil was split would the water in the hot water tank be dirty? As it was relatively clean.

Can the mixers pass if they are off? As this has happened overnight so nothing on.

Thanks again.

If you have isolators on mixer taps you will need to turn them off systematically to work out which one. My bet would be a shower

If you have isolators on mixer taps you will need to turn them off systematically to work out which one. My bet would be a shower
Yeah will go around turning off the isolators on each tap and checking to see if the flow has stopped. Hopefully find it that way.

I noticed on the hot water pipes on the pump where freezing cold. Like a mains water pipe. Not sure if this is a stupid point to make, but I turned off the mains water and the water going into the tank has now stopped. If the coil was split wouldn’t it drain down the F&E?

How many pipes come off the two larger tanks you have a cold feed to the cylinder. Anything else?

Reply to Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock