Search the forum,

Discuss Basin chain hole blanking stud? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Monkfish

Hi guys, I've just replaced the standard drain hole in our bathroom basin with a plunger type that doesn't need a plug. Having removed the plug and chain I'd like to fit a nice flat chrome stud in the chain anchor hole. I noticed that the new basin in our down stairs toilet has one, but can't find them anywhere. I could fit a bolt with a chrome domed head but wondered if there was a proper fixing?

Hi guys, I've just replaced the standard drain hole in our bathroom basin with a plunger type that doesn't need a plug. Having removed the plug and chain I'd like to fit a nice flat chrome stud in the chain anchor hole. I noticed that the new basin in our down stairs toilet has one, but can't find them anywhere. I could fit a bolt with a chrome domed head but wondered if there was a proper fixing?

You should of got a mcalpine clicker waste they come with them I have threw loads away

I have had a good look on line and can not find anything, my only dea is possibly a bolt with a chrome screw/ bolt cap aon the end, atleast it will look good, possibly some good old silicon to keep it water tight.

You should of got a mcalpine clicker waste they come with them I have threw loads away

Yes I should have. Instead I had to buy an expensive B&Q crapy one with a plastic top :(

God I hate B&Q!

If anyone has one they could pop in an envelope I'd be grateful.

Don't think so tamz
I'll find one must of dumped at least 200 lol

Thanks very much Gray. I've sent my details via a private message. Maybe you should keep them and sell them on ebay ;)

Thanks very much Gray. I've sent my details via a private message. Maybe you should keep them and sell them on ebay ;)

I'll get you one sent asap monkfish
And thanks but think I'll still dump them lol

hmmm, looks like I am a bit late, but got one of these today, was thinking of this forum, I can post it if need be.

Snap, bought two spinners today, both with blanks that aren't needed. I'll add them to the stuff in the shed that won't be needed until the 12th of never.

If it's still required just say the word.

Thanks guys. Gray's trying to sort one out for me. I'm sure other people will have the same problem though. Someone should sell them on ebay.

hmm, good idea, I don't get very many so not good idea for me, but good business idea, ÂŁ1 each if you collect 1000 in a year thats ÂŁ1,000 for something you get free, hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basin chain hole blanking stud? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
DIYing a corner basin in my downstairs toilet and have bought a pedestal and sink to fit myself. Getting someone qualified in to put in the pipework up to the isolation valves then I should be sorted. Problem is the company that sold me the sink said I just need to silicone it to the pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hi All I've had to replace my cistern bolts recently as they had become rusted and were starting to crumble and cause leaks. After replacing the bolts, I've been getting a consistent leak out of the right side bolt. I took the bolts off to check if I did anything wrong and it seems like the...
Replies
Views
This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system. The block's system seem to be split into two - top 10 floors and the lower 10 floors are heated separately. My flat is on the 10th floor, and our...
Replies
Views
We most likely have a clog problem that we can't seem to resolve. These are the details: The drain has been slow in the tub in bathroom #1 (located on the east end of the basement of our ranch home) for a while, but it was always keeping up pretty close and finished draining within 30 seconds...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock